Cheetah Filament Review by Another 3D Printing Channel
Cheetah™ Flexible Filament
The Fast-Printing High Performance Flexible Filament
Cheetah™ flexible filament is the fastest and easiest to print flexible filament on the market. The focus in development of this material was on optimizing the user experience. The result is a filament that is printable across all types of desktop 3D printers at ABS and PLA speeds, many times twice the speed of other flexible materials on the market.
Additionally, Cheetah filament possesses impact strength 84% greater than the next product (ABS). The abrasion resistance is also second only to NinjaTek’s Armadillo product, making Cheetah the perfect blend of speed, flexibility and strength.
- Prints at speeds greater than 60 mm/s with standard ABS settings
- Significantly greater impact strength than all widely used materials – 84% greater than ABS!
- Abrasion resistance 40% higher than ABS and 76% higher than PLA
- 580% Elongation capabilities improve ability to withstand wear and tear
- Patented low friction exterior allows for smooth feeding
- Consistent diameter and material properties providing reliable, high quality prints
- Chemical resistant to many industrial materials, including naphtha, ASTM Oils #1-3, petroleum and freon
- Adheres to most build platform materials (painter’s tape can help)
- REACH and RoHS 2002/95/EC Directive compliant
- Applications: grips, guides, hinges, sleeves and snap-fit parts
- Shore Hardness = 95A
- Extruder Temperature: 225°C – 235°C
- Platform Temperature: Room temperature – 40°C
Glue and/ or blue painters tape is suggested if not using a heated bed.
- Print Speed:
- Top and bottom layers: 30-45 mm/ sec (600-1200 mm/ min)
- Infill speeds: 60-80 mm/ sec (900 mm/ min-2100 mm/ min)
- Layer 2+ use cooling fan if available.